The Dorset Chalk Stream Club will have its March, (pre trout season) social gathering in West Stafford Village hall (DT2 8AG) on Friday the 10th March 2017
starting at 7.30pm
Just look at another amazing evening we have lined up for you all…
Salmon and Silt a recipe for extinction – with Bill Beaumont from the Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust – https://www.gwct.org.uk/fishing/research/
Four from Dorset, a round trip of 26,000 miles in search of wild Trout – with Richard, John, John and John
There will also be a stand featuring a rather fine Fly Rod Builder “Tom Regula”
Looking for that little treat for next season, check out Tom’s website – http://www.tomregularods.co.uk/home
- Please bring a plate of good food to pop on the buffet table.
- A bottle of your favourite tipple, or grab a drink from the Wise Man Inn
- Bring along any of your unwanted tackle, flies and books to sell on the second hand tackle table, and if you would like to have a stand (FOC), just give me a ring 01305 257490 or ping me an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please bring friends along to meet fellow Chalk stream and fly fisher folk.
- News on meetings coming over this winter. Could you please avoid parking in the pub car park, use the village hall car park, in front of the pub or please park at our house (The Dairy House, map at the bottom of this link) just a short walk from the village. Entrance for this winters gatherings will again be free of charge.
- The heating and website has again be sponsored by West Dorset Foodie
- The Dorset Wildlife Trust through the Dorset Wild Rivers Project have again very kindly sponsored the hire of the village hall for the Dorset Chalk Stream Club
This picture just sums up the DFC work parties… Great people committed to the improvement of the river Frome…..
At last Casterbridge Fisheries have added a new Post Driver to their kit list, putting posts in to gravel river beds and banks has now become a bit more fun…
If you guys are fed up with driving posts in using one of those nasty “Man Killers” give us a shout and we will be pleased give you a quote – email@example.com